Caribs Rugby Football Club will host the first in a series of six (6) Seven-A-Side Tournaments, one more than 2018, at the Barataria Sports Ground, Sixth Avenue Extension, Barataria, on Saturday, November 2, 2019 and Sunday, November 3, 2019.
The Trinidad & Tobago Rugby Football Union’s (TTRFU) Sevens Series will take place on six (6) consecutive weekends:
- Caribs 7s, Barataria Sports Ground – November 2 & 3, 2019
- U.W.I. 7s, U.W.I. Spec Rugby Ground, St. Augustine – November 9 & 10, 2019
- YTRC 7s, Youth Transformation & Rehabilitation Centre, Arouca – November 16 & 17, 2019
- Rainbow 7s, Marabella Recreation Grounds – November 23 & 24, 2019
- Police 7s (Venue to be confirmed) – November 30 & December 1, 2019
- T&T International 7s (Hosted by Harvard), St. Mary’s College Grounds – December 7 & 8, 2019
Trinidad & Tobago is the only country in the Caribbean which has a Seven-A-Side Rugby Series. These competitions assist in the continued development and spread of the sport within the country.
The TTRFU Executive Committee wishes all Clubs hosting tournaments all the best and thanks them for their commitment in striving to improve the quality of the sport at the local level.
The series will also assist the TTRFU National Technical Committees at all levels to review the talent on display for selection to the various National Teams as well as the TTRFU Fixtures Committee in seeding and developing a ranking for local clubs.
The TTRFU is endeavouring to partner with the Ministry of Planning & Development, Ministry of Sport & Youth Affairs and Ministry of Tourism in their continued vision to ensure that sport is not only played for recreational purposes, but to be developed from the grass roots level to be promoted on the international sporting calendar and in the sphere of sport tourism.